a so-Cal native, cat lady, and wine lover
I grew up in sunny Pasadena, California and have been living in Boston, Massachusetts for the last 13 years. I attended Westridge School for Girls then Simmons College where I received my Bachelors Degree. I spent a summer in Oxford, England studying Psychology & Journalism, and started a Peer Mentoring group at my high school. I was a debutante in the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Cotillion where I was elected Chair of my group, and received the highest number of awards. My educational background is in Psychology, Sociology, and Gender & Cultural Studies, and my professional background is in development, event planning + management, and fundraising.
a writer, feminist + social butterfly
I am a lover of words - both written and spoken - and have been writing for as long as I can remember. I blog, write poetry, and am an avid reader. I wrote for the Simmons Voice, was the Social Chair for the Black Student Organization, and Secretary for both the Feminist Union and Student Government Association. I have been a strong supporter of women before I even knew what it meant to be a feminist. I believe in mission-driven work and support nonprofit organizations that primarily focus on social justice, women's rights, or youth advocacy.
a thinker, introvert, and empath
In spite of being a social butterfly, I am actually quite shy and introverted. I'm an INFJ (I- 3%, N - 12%, F - 25%, and J - 1%) and 75% right brained. I love connecting with others, especially on an intimate and personal level, but also value my downtime. I am deeply moved by the energy of others, and do my best to protect my light. I work hard to be someone who is trustworthy and reliable. And I created this business as a platform for others, a safe space + network of support for women, an opportunity to educate youth + share resources, and a way to empower + uplift.
- At Canavan Associates, I organized bi-annual conferences held in Boston & New Orleans which centered around the implementations of data systems used by homeless shelters to assist in the comprehension and measurement of homeless populations.
- At ADL New England I managed the Young Leadership Celebration for three years in a row, grossing the highest revenue to date in my last year.
- At Brigham and Women's Hospital, I helped prepare runners for the Boston Marathon, as well as organized networking events and luncheons between Development staff and donors.
- At Family Equality Council, I provided event coordination during the organization and planning of the Los Angeles Awards Dinner, which included interfacing with celebrities & other high-profile PR agencies in LA.
- At the Guidance Center, I managed the organization + planning, budget + revenue for the annual Celebrating Families Gala held in Cambridge, MA. This event included an auction + raffle as well as an after-party.
- At the Youth Advocacy Foundation, I helped organize the annual Spring Celebration Gala held at the Boston Children's Museum, which was a wildly successful event.
- In my role with Earthen Vessels, I supported the solicitation and procurement process, ensuring the organization's efforts in meeting fundraising goals. This event turned out to be the most successful gala to date.
- For Mobile Monday Boston, I organized a networking event for clients Matt Gross + Kevin Wiant, co-hosted with StreetFight. Guest speakers included Randy Parker - CEO of PagePart and Founder of Constant Contact, and David Hirschman - CoFounder and COO of StreetFight.
- At Hill House Boston, I assisted in the planning and organizing of the Backyard Dash and Esplanade 5K Dash, which was an all-day community event geared toward families.
- For Boston Institute for Nonprofit Journalism (BINJ), I worked with Chris Faraone to organize their first annual holiday fundraiser, which included an auction + raffle, as well as live entertainment.